Changing How People [Who Use Drugs] Are Treated
The Evolution of a Peer Led Model for Opioid Use Disorder
- Addiction is a chronic disease of the brain
- Stigma surrounding substance use is pervasive
- Language matters…A LOT
- People who use drugs have the right to be treated with dignity and respect
- People who use drugs should be provided evidence based treatment when and if they decide to seek treatment
- Traditional abstinence based rehab/detox treatment is ineffective
- Harm reduction is necessary
- Recovery is possible
Want to speak with us?
Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 or 988
Need to talk?: 215-355-6000
Housing Link: 1-800-810-4434
GET THE LATEST!
To find out all the latest information, subscribe to Family Service Matters, our monthly email newsletter.