Co-parenting classes are for parents experiencing problems with communication. They are designed to help parents work together effectively to promote the best interests of their child(ren) following separation, divorce or other conflicts.
Classes are not specifically intended for couples. Parents, partners, grandparents, foster parents, and any other individuals who co-parent with another to provide direct care for a child can participate.
We utilize an evidenced based curriculum to teach parents useful anger management, conflict resolution and communication skills to enhance their ability to parent cooperatively and effectively on behalf of their children’s best interests.
Areas of Focus
- Impact of Conflict on Children
- Anger/Stress Management
- Communication Techniques
- Conflict Resolution Skills
Specific topics include understanding and managing anger, communicating feelings, establishing routines, family values, discipline, problem solving, building self-worth and more.
- Located at Family Service, 4 Cornerstone Drive, Langhorne, PA 19047
- 8 two-hour sessions (Mondays and Thursdays from 6:30 to 8:30 PM)
- $240/person ($30/class)
- Maximum class size is 30 individuals
Upcoming Group Classes
Classes are ongoing and do not need to be attended in any particular order. You do not need to attend all classes within the same session.
Winter 2018: February 26, 2018 – March 22, 2018
- Monday, February 26, 2018 Introduction/Impact of Conflict on Children
- Thursday, March 1, 2018 Family Values
- Monday, March 5, 2018 Communication Techniques
- Thursday, March 8, 2018 Anger/Stress Management
- Monday, March 12, 2018 Conflict Resolution Skills
- Thursday, March 15, 2018 Establishing Structure
- Monday, March 19, 2018 Discipline
- Thursday, March 22, 2018 Building Self-Worth/Closing
No classes during the week of March 26, 2018
Spring 2018: April 2, 2018 – April 26, 2018
- Monday, April 2, 2018 Introduction/Impact of Conflict on Children
- Thursday, April 5, 2018 Family Values
- Monday, April 9, 2018 Communication Techniques
- Thursday, April 12, 2018 Anger/Stress Management
- Monday, April 16, 2018 Conflict Resolution Skills
- Thursday, April 19, 2018 Establishing Structure
- Monday, April 23, 2018 Discipline
- Thursday, April 26, 2018 Building Self-Worth/Closing
No classes during the week of April 30, 2018
- Located in your home or at Family Service
- 10 one-hour sessions
- $800 ($80/session)
A Certificate of Attendance will be provided to each participant. This will include the name of the participant, dates of attendance and topics covered.
Classes are ongoing and do not need to be attended in any particular order. To register or to learn more, contact us at 215.757.6916, ext. 268 or firstname.lastname@example.org.