Co-parenting classes are for parents experiencing problems with communication. They are designed to help parents work together effectively to promote the best interests of their child(ren) following separation, divorce or other conflicts.
Classes are not specifically intended for couples. Parents, partners, grandparents, foster parents, and any other individuals who co-parent with another to provide direct care for a child can participate.
We utilize an evidenced based curriculum to teach parents useful anger management, conflict resolution and communication skills to enhance their ability to parent cooperatively and effectively on behalf of their children’s best interests.
Areas of Focus
- Impact of Conflict on Children
- Anger/Stress Management
- Communication Techniques
- Conflict Resolution Skills
Specific topics include understanding and managing anger, communicating feelings, establishing routines, family values, discipline, problem solving, building self-worth and more.
- Located at Family Service, 4 Cornerstone Drive, Langhorne, PA 19047
- 8 two-hour sessions (Mondays and Thursdays from 6:30 to 8:30 PM)
- $350/person ($43.75/class)
- Maximum class size is 30 individuals
Classes are ongoing and do not need to be attended in any particular order. You do not need to attend all classes within the same session.
Early Spring 2020: March 2, 2020 – March 30, 2020
- Monday, March 2, 2020 Introduction/Impact of Conflict on Children
- Thursday, March 5, 2020 Family Values
- Monday, March 9, 2020 Communication Techniques
- Thursday, March 12, 2020 Anger/Stress Management
- Monday, March 16, 2020 Conflict Resolution Skills
- Thursday, March 19, 2020 Establishing Structure
- Thursday, March 26, 2020 Discipline
- Monday, March 30, 2020 Building Self-Worth/Closing
- Please note: There is no class on Monday, March 23, 2020.
Late Spring 2020: April 20, 2020 – May 14, 2020
- Monday, April 20, 2020 Introduction/Impact of Conflict on Children
- Thursday, April 23, 2020 Family Values
- Monday, April 27, 2020 Communication Techniques
- Thursday, April 30, 2020 Anger/Stress Management
- Monday, May 4, 2020 Conflict Resolution Skills
- Thursday, May 7, 2020 Establishing Structure
- Monday, May 11, 2020 Discipline
- Thursday, May 14, 2020 Building Self-Worth/Closing
- Located in your home or at Family Service
- 10 one-hour sessions
- $550 per person or $950 per couple
A Certificate of Attendance will be provided to each participant. This will include the name of the participant, dates of attendance and topics covered.
Classes are ongoing and do not need to be attended in any particular order. To register or to learn more, contact us at 215.757.6916, ext. 225 or firstname.lastname@example.org.