Co-parenting classes are for parents experiencing problems with communication. They are designed to help parents work together effectively to promote the best interests of their child(ren) following separation, divorce or other conflicts.
Classes are not specifically intended for couples. Parents, partners, grandparents, foster parents, and any other individuals who co-parent with another to provide direct care for a child can participate.
We utilize an evidenced based curriculum to teach parents useful anger management, conflict resolution and communication skills to enhance their ability to parent cooperatively and effectively on behalf of their children’s best interests.
Areas of Focus
- Impact of Conflict on Children
- Anger/Stress Management
- Communication Techniques
- Conflict Resolution Skills
Specific topics include understanding and managing anger, communicating feelings, establishing routines, family values, discipline, problem solving, building self-worth and more.
- Located at Family Service, 4 Cornerstone Drive, Langhorne, PA 19047
- 8 two-hour sessions (Mondays and Thursdays from 6:30 to 8:30 PM)
- $350/person ($43.75/class)
- Maximum class size is 30 individuals
Classes are ongoing and do not need to be attended in any particular order. You do not need to attend all classes within the same session.
Fall 2019: October 7, 2019 – November 4, 2019
- Monday, October 7, 2019 Introduction/Impact of Conflict on Children
- Thursday, October 10, 2019 Family Values
- Monday, October 14, 2019 Communication Techniques
- Thursday, October 17, 2019 Anger/Stress Management
- Monday, October 21, 2019 Conflict Resolution Skills
- Thursday, October 24, 2019 Establishing Structure
- Monday, October 28, 2019 Discipline
- Monday, November 4, 2019 Building Self-Worth/Closing
Winter 2020: January 6, 2020 – January 30, 2020
- Monday, January 6, 2020 Introduction/Impact of Conflict on Children
- Thursday, January 9, 2020 Family Values
- Monday, January 13, 2020 Communication Techniques
- Thursday, January 16, 2020 Anger/Stress Management
- Monday, January 20, 2020 Conflict Resolution Skills
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 Establishing Structure
- Monday, January 27, 2020 Discipline
- Monday, January 30, 2020 Building Self-Worth/Closing
- Located in your home or at Family Service
- 10 one-hour sessions
- $550 per person or $950 per couple
A Certificate of Attendance will be provided to each participant. This will include the name of the participant, dates of attendance and topics covered.
Classes are ongoing and do not need to be attended in any particular order. To register or to learn more, contact us at 215.757.6916, ext. 225 or email@example.com.