Co-parenting classes are for parents experiencing problems with communication. They are designed to help parents work together effectively to promote the best interests of their child(ren) following separation, divorce or other conflicts.
Classes are not specifically intended for couples. Parents, partners, grandparents, foster parents, and any other individuals who co-parent with another to provide direct care for a child can participate.
We utilize an evidenced based curriculum to teach parents useful anger management, conflict resolution and communication skills to enhance their ability to parent cooperatively and effectively on behalf of their children’s best interests.
Areas of Focus
- Impact of Conflict on Children
- Anger/Stress Management
- Communication Techniques
- Conflict Resolution Skills
Specific topics include understanding and managing anger, communicating feelings, establishing routines, family values, discipline, problem solving, building self-worth and more.
- Located at Family Service, 4 Cornerstone Drive, Langhorne, PA 19047
- 8 two-hour sessions (Mondays and Thursdays from 6:30 to 8:30 PM)
- $240/person ($30/class)
- Maximum class size is 30 individuals
Upcoming Group Classes
Classes are ongoing and do not need to be attended in any particular order. You do not need to attend all classes within the same session.
Winter 2017: November 27 – December 21
- Monday, November 27, 2017 Introduction/Impact of Conflict on Children
- Thursday, November 30, 2017 Family Values
- Monday, December 4, 2017 Communication Techniques
- Thursday, December 7, 2017 Anger/Stress Management
- Monday, December 11, 2017 Conflict Resolution Skills
- Thursday, December 14, 2017 Establishing Structure
- Monday, December 18, 2017 Discipline
- Thursday, December 21, 2017 Building Self-Worth/Closing
Winter break; classes will resume on January 22, 2018
Winter 2018: January 22, 2018 – February 15, 2018
- Monday, January 22, 2018 Introduction/Impact of Conflict on Children
- Thursday, January 25, 2018 Family Values
- Monday, January 29, 2018 Communication Techniques
- Thursday, February 1, 2018 Anger/Stress Management
- Monday, February 5, 2018 Conflict Resolution Skills
- Thursday, February 8, 2018 Establishing Structure
- Monday, February 12, 2018 Discipline
- Thursday, February 15, 2018 Building Self-Worth/Closing
No classes during the week of February 19, 2018
- Located in your home or at Family Service
- 10 one-hour sessions
- $800 ($80/session)
A Certificate of Attendance will be provided to each participant. This will include the name of the participant, dates of attendance and topics covered.
Classes are ongoing and do not need to be attended in any particular order. To register or to learn more, contact us at 215.757.6916, ext. 268 or email@example.com.