Co-parenting classes are for parents experiencing problems with communication. They are designed to help parents work together effectively to promote the best interests of their child(ren) following separation, divorce or other conflicts.
Classes are not specifically intended for couples. Parents, partners, grandparents, foster parents, and any other individuals who co-parent with another to provide direct care for a child can participate.
We utilize an evidenced based curriculum to teach parents useful anger management, conflict resolution and communication skills to enhance their ability to parent cooperatively and effectively on behalf of their children’s best interests.
Areas of Focus
- Impact of Conflict on Children
- Anger/Stress Management
- Communication Techniques
- Conflict Resolution Skills
Specific topics include understanding and managing anger, communicating feelings, establishing routines, family values, discipline, problem solving, building self-worth and more.
- Located at Family Service, 4 Cornerstone Drive, Langhorne, PA 19047
- 8 two-hour sessions (Mondays and Thursdays from 6:30 to 8:30 PM)
- $350/person ($43.75/class)
- Maximum class size is 30 individuals
Upcoming Group Classes
Classes are ongoing and do not need to be attended in any particular order. You do not need to attend all classes within the same session.
Late Spring 2018: May 7, 2018 – June 7, 2018
- Monday, May 7, 2018 Introduction/Impact of Conflict on Children
- Thursday, May 10, 2018 Family Values
- Monday, May 14, 2018 Communication Techniques
- Thursday, May 17, 2018 Anger/Stress Management
- Monday, May 21, 2018 Conflict Resolution Skills
- Thursday, May 24, 2018 Establishing Structure
- No classes during the week of May 28, 2018 due to the Memorial Day holiday
- Monday, June 4, 2018 Discipline
- Thursday, June 7, 2018 Building Self-Worth/Closing
No classes during the week of June 11, 2018
Early Summer 2018: June 18, 2018 – July 12, 2018
- Monday, June 18, 2018 Introduction/Impact of Conflict on Children
- Thursday, June 21, 2018 Family Values
- Monday, June 25, 2018 Communication Techniques
- Thursday, June 28, 2018 Anger/Stress Management
- Monday, July 2, 2018 Conflict Resolution Skills
- Thursday, July 5, 2018 Establishing Structure
- Monday, July 9, 2018 Discipline
- Thursday, July 12, 2018 Building Self-Worth/Closing
No classes during the week of July 16, 2018
- Located in your home or at Family Service
- 10 one-hour sessions
- $550 per person or $950 per couple
A Certificate of Attendance will be provided to each participant. This will include the name of the participant, dates of attendance and topics covered.
Classes are ongoing and do not need to be attended in any particular order. To register or to learn more, contact us at 215.757.6916, ext. 268 or email@example.com.