- This event has passed.
3: Psychopharmacology, Medications & Treatment for Individuals with Co-Occurring Disorders
April 15, 2015 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$35
Psychopharmacology, Medications & Treatment for Individuals with Co-Occurring Disorders is the third training of the Integrated Treatment Series for Co-Occurring Disorders. This series of trainings is presented by Family Service Association of Bucks County.
This training will cover how to identify the basic brain structures and primary neurotransmitters involved in chronic mental illness and substance abuse; the rationale for prescribing or not prescribing psychotropic medications; alternative methods for treating anxiety; and a summary of the uses of medications such as Methadone, Buprenorphine, Vivitrol and Naltrexone.
Trainer: Craig Strickland, PhD
Fee: $35.00 (includes materials and Continuing Education Credits)
This training offers 6.0 hours for LSW/LCSW/LPC or CE’s for participation.
Questions? Contact Gerri Parrish, Clinical Supervisor of Behavioral Health, at email@example.com or 215.757.6916, ext. 109.
All Training Topics
- Ethics and boundaries for effective practice with co-occurring disorders (Christopher Owens, MA, LPC; February 10, 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM; 6 hours)
- Overview of co-occurring psychiatric and substance use disorders (Gerri Parrish, LPC, CCDP-D;March 24, 4:00 – 7:00 PM or March 27, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM; 3 hours)
- Principles of psychopharmacology and medication assisted treatment for SA disorders (Craig Strickland, PhD; April 15, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM; 6 hours)
- Principles of engagement with individuals with co-occurring psychiatric disorders and working respectfully with families of those individuals (Gerri Parrish, LPC, CCDP-D; June 23, 4:00 – 8:00 PM
or June 26, 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM; 4 hours)
- Individualized assessment approaches and treatment planning, stages of change/treatment and motivational interviewing with a focus on tobacco (Rosemarie Fusco, RN, CTTS and Gerri Parrish, LPC, CCDP-D; August 25, 4:00 – 8:00 PM or August 28, 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM; 4 hours)
- Recovery, rehabilitation, self-help groups, crisis prevention and relapse prevention (Gerri Parrish, LPC, CCDP-D; September 29, 4:00 – 8:00 PM or October 2, 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM; 4 hours)
- Trauma-informed treatment, medical co-morbidity and pain management (Rosemarie Fusco, RN, CTTS and Gerri Parrish, LPC, CCDP-D; October 27, 4:00 – 8:00 PM or October 30, 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM; 4 hours)
Family Service Association of Bucks County, a member of the Alliance for Strong Families & Communities, has pre-approved status by the Pennsylvania State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors for providing continue education courses.