Our Parent Support Group meets weekly to help you make positive changes in your parenting. The support group is a place to come together with other parents to share feelings about and get advice on being a good parent. You’ll exchange creative parenting practices based on your own personal experiences and develop a lasting network of friends who can serve as an ongoing resource.
Each meeting provides a combination of support and education for parents. You can expect structured workshops led by a professional facilitator paired with open, informal conversations between parents.
Reasons to Join
- Increase your knowledge of child development
- Know that you are not alone
- Learn how to think before you act
- Learn positive parenting strategies to help you better relate to your children
- Relax and talk with other parents in a stress-free environment
- Gain feedback from other parents in the group
- Learn about services and resources in the community that can help you and your family
- All meetings are free of charge
- Free childcare during meetings
- Snacks are provided
- Facilitated by a Masters level clinician
- Weekly meetings are held year-round
- Social activities throughout the year
- Topics focus on children of all ages
- Easy access to public transportation (SEPTA bus line)
- Free parking
Topics of Discussion
Topics vary based on the parents in attendance and any challenges or successes they may be having at that time. All parents are encouraged to talk about any issues that affect their relationships with their children. Some examples of topics that have been discussed in the past include:
- Discipline of children
- Child development
- Stress reduction
- Child welfare system
- Self-care-as parents
Meeting Location & Time
We meet on Tuesday evenings from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM at the Bucks County Family Center in Bristol, PA.
How to Join
For more information or to join us, contact Annie Wise at 215-757-6916, ext. 300 or email@example.com
Our Parent Support Group is a Pennsylvania Family Support Alliance affiliate.