- This event has passed.
Co-Parenting Classes: Winter 2017
November 27, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:30 pm on Monday and Thursday, repeating until December 21, 2017
Co-parenting classes are for parents experiencing problems with communication. They are designed to help parents work together effectively to promote the best interests of their child(ren) following separation, divorce or other conflicts.
Classes are not specifically intended for couples. Parents, partners, grandparents, foster parents, and any other individuals who co-parent with another to provide direct care for a child can participate.
We utilize an evidenced based curriculum to teach parents useful anger management, conflict resolution and communication skills to enhance their ability to parent cooperatively and effectively on behalf of their children’s best interests.
Classes are ongoing and do not need to be attended in any particular order. You do not need to attend all classes within the same session.
Winter 2017: November 27 – December 21
- Monday, November 27, 2017 Introduction/Impact of Conflict on Children
- Thursday, November 30, 2017 Family Values
- Monday, December 4, 2017 Communication Techniques
- Thursday, December 7, 2017 Anger/Stress Management
- Monday, December 11, 2017 Conflict Resolution Skills
- Thursday, December 14, 2017 Establishing Structure
- Monday, December 18, 2017 Discipline
- Thursday, December 21, 2017 Building Self-Worth/Closing
Winter break; classes will resume on January 22, 2018