- This event has passed.
Co-Parenting Classes: Fall 2019
October 14, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:30 pm on Monday and Thursday, repeating until November 5, 2019
Co-parenting classes are for parents experiencing problems with communication. They are designed to help parents work together effectively to promote the best interests of their child(ren) following separation, divorce or other conflicts.
Classes are not specifically intended for couples. Parents, partners, grandparents, foster parents, and any other individuals who co-parent with another to provide direct care for a child can participate.
We utilize an evidenced based curriculum to teach parents useful anger management, conflict resolution and communication skills to enhance their ability to parent cooperatively and effectively on behalf of their children’s best interests.
Classes are ongoing and do not need to be attended in any particular order. You do not need to attend all classes within the same session.
Fall 2019: October 7, 2019 – November 4, 2019
- Monday, October 7, 2019 Introduction/Impact of Conflict on Children
- Thursday, October 10, 2019 Family Values
- Monday, October 14, 2019 Communication Techniques
- Thursday, October 17, 2019 Anger/Stress Management
- Monday, October 21, 2019 Conflict Resolution Skills
- Thursday, October 24, 2019 Establishing Structure
- Monday, October 28, 2019 Discipline
- Monday, November 4, 2019 Building Self-Worth/Closing